Posted Sep 21, 2010 | Atlanta, GA
A new partnership between the Woodruff Arts Center and the Georgia Institute of Technology will give Tech students unlimited access to the arts in Atlanta at a deeply discounted rate. By purchasing a season pass for just $20, Tech students will have access to all exhibitions at the High Museum of Art and all performances of the Alliance Theatre and Atlanta Symphony through May 31, 2011.
The co-branded season pass will go on sale September 20 at the Georgia Tech box office. The Woodruff Arts Center will also host a special open house for Georgia Tech students on September 30 to introduce them to the arts center complex.
“We are delighted to partner with the Woodruff Arts Center in offering Tech students so many opportunities to take advantage of the outstanding arts environment in Atlanta,” said Georgia Tech President G.P. “Bud” Peterson. “Between the High, the Atlanta Symphony and the Alliance Theatre, Tech students will be able to greatly enrich their college experience as they prepare to become leaders in their communities and good global citizens.”
According to Woodruff Arts Center CEO Joe Bankoff, the expanded relationship with Georgia Tech is a natural expansion of their arts education mission. “There is a clear and proven connection between involvement in the arts and academic achievement. At the Woodruff, we are committed to making the arts accessible to students and are thrilled to be partnering with Georgia Tech to provide extensive and inexpensive access to our artistic offerings.”
Georgia Tech students will be able to enjoy an exciting season. The High Museum of Art is currently featuring the Dali: The Late Work exhibition with the Titian and Golden Age of Venetian Painting exhibition opening October 17. The Alliance Theatre has “The Second City: Miracle on 1280 Peachtree Street,” and “Bring it On: The Musical” scheduled, with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra‘s season opening September 23.
Additional details regarding the Georgia Tech – Woodruff season pass include:
- Students will pay $20 at the Georgia Tech box office and receive a ticket voucher that can be redeemed at the Woodruff Arts Center box office for the season pass card.
- Students can reserve a ticket 48 hours in advance of a performance/museum visit for an unlimited number of performances/visits. Students will show their student ID and card at the Woodruff box office to pick up their reserved tickets.
- The pass is good for one ticket per performance/museum visit.
- Students can purchase one companion ticket per performance at a special rate of $12 per ticket in conjunction with each card “purchase.”
- Students’ spouses with Georgia Tech identifications can also purchase a pass for $20.
- The pass is valid through May 31, 2011.
# # #