Posted Apr 06, 2013 | Atlanta, GA
At the end of the spring 2012 semester, the Strategic Plan Implementation Steering Committee (SPISC) successfully completed its direction of the work of the 16 task forces charged with developing initiatives for elements of the Institute’s Strategic Plan.
Investments have since been made in several efforts to fulfill the SPISC’s final recommendations. This year, the Institute has provided supplemental funding of approximately $2 million from both state and Georgia Tech Foundation resources to augment new work undertaken by units across the Institute, made possible through the prioritization of their own budgets. Projects are moving forward, embedded in the operating units responsible for piloting new ideas. The following links provide more information on the projects and activities the EVPR’s Office is heavily involved or taking a lead.
2010-2011 Strategic Initiatives
- Be the “Innovation Institute”
- Pursue Globally Significant Grand Challenges Using the Campus and Region as a Test Bed for Research and Application
- Explore Collaborative Partnerships
- GT Journey
2011-2012 Strategic Initiatives
- Strengthen Industry-Focused Research and Translational Activities
- Energy and Sustainability
- Redefine and Re-energize Life Sciences, Health Sciences, and Biology at the Institute Level
- Ivan Allen Institute for Advanced Studies